8/24/2012

German Racing Bets and Lotteries Act (Rennwett- und Lotteriegesetz RennwLottG)

Guess I missed some points in my recent post on POKER. Bwin.com just informed me, that from 1st of July, 2012 onwards all sports bets in Germany are subject to a 5 % tax on the amount wagered. This is due to a recent change in the German Racing Bets and Lotteries Act (Rennwett- und Lotteriegesetz RennwLottG). There seems to be an obligation of any provider located wherever in the world to pay this tax on bets of German residents (do not ask me, how this can be executed ... I guess if I place bets with an US broker, I would not pay the tax).

This is another example of ever increasing tax burdens, especially during the last months and years. It hardly hit the news. Folks out there: any other increases in taxes and fees lately we should be aware of?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete