12/10/2011

How this blog started ...

Late 2011, in the midst of the debt crisis in Europe, I started to share thoughts and questions on money, finance and related topics with a few friends, colleagues, and loved ones. Writing late night emails to a list of BCC recipients, I got personal email response, entered into lengthy discussions via telephone, or found an occasional book on my office desk related to the topics of last night.
The process started to become inefficient. Apart form some technical issues like sending emails to company accounts with clearly non-work-related content, there was one major issue: all the feedback I got was only visible to me.
I want to change this, hopefully leading to a forum allowing comments from different sides without compromising the identity of people participating active or passive. I encourage people to contribute with comments but also to invite others, who might have the passion to read and comment on topics discussed her, thus increasing the community.

To get the whole thing started I will post some of my last emails (slightly altered) over the weekend.
As this is my first blog, I guess I will pay dearly in learning what can and cannot be done here and how to do it best. Hopefully you will pardon inconveniences caused by this.

I hope the blog will become a provoking place to visit: thought provoking and action provoking. As the Chinese proverb says: we are living in interesting times. Given the day-in-day-out hazzle of our lives we might not dedicate sufficient time resources to the high volatility and insecurity of our times - and might loose big on this. Let us try to avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment