11/03/2012

IPM&CS Munich - Part I


Int. Precious Metals & Commodities Show Munich  -  PART I
Int. Edelmetall- & Rohstoffmesse München  - Teil 1

 

The IPM&CS Munich took place on 2nd and 3rd of November at the Event Arena in Munich, loacted at the fields of the Olympia Park. The place was used for in-door bicycle-races - it is now a 2-story oval building, giving space for 3.000+ visitors. If I got it right, the show was conducted the 8th time in Munich, but - shame on me - I visited it the first time.

We had 2 days of nice weather in Munich. I was early on both days, interested in how many and what kind of people would show up. On Friday - just between the weekend and a public holiday in Bavaria - people lined up to get in. Well - this is common for Munich at almost any place; you better get reservation here on whatever you plan. Opening up some 20 minutes after the indicated time, who wonders we had people lining up to get in. (Kind of guerrilla marketing: provide only 20 pairs of the newest running shows, and who would not expect them to be sold out after 30 min?) Well, at the end: It sure provided for some nice pictures and nobody will know how you 'created' the line-up.


On Saturday, waiting in perfect morning sun light sipping a cup of free coffee,  the crowd was a little bit smaller (Surprise - everybody had a day off ... why smaller - well doors opened in time now).

Not really sure how that compared to previous years, the top presentations for sure were overcrowded, not having enough seating available. Guess, that's the same picture on most shows - organizing one of them, I would make sure there is not enough seating.

Speaking about presentations: we had 2 days of them in 3 halls/rooms ranging from 20 min (mostly company presentations) to  50 min (with some very prominent key note speakers).

On the show, we had several banks / banking institutions, precious metal / coin traders, coin and bar producers, intelligence/report providers, institutions selling PM funds, uncommon stuff (like silver art), and a whole lot of expoloration/mining corporations (gold, silver, but also other stuff like platinum, uranium, and so on). 

I did not really prepare for the show --- just went there, breathing the atmosphere, listening to presentations, watching who attends the show. Took it as 2 holidays with alternative brain feed. Giving my background, given all the information I soaked up in recent years, some of the stuff, some of the companies looked really familiar. Guess I had no big 'WHOOW' event here on my side - no new data, no new concept --- but still a whole lot of impressions, side aspects, vivid pictures behind the guys whose articles I read.

I will try to categorize the impressions and data in my next postings. Writing will help me to think about it, categorize impressions and information, think about the input, process it, get a picture. and eventually share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment