1/23/2012

Minfinders (MFN)

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooops ! One of my core holdings - insanely over-weighted constituting 20 % of my stock/cash portfolio - will be taken out. Pan American will acquire Minefinders, both boards being in favor of the transactions. The stock jumped 22 % today - and i guess the current price will be a floor level for the next weeks until the issue is resolved.

Unfortunately this puts me into a situation not so comfortable. I was quite positive on MFN - why else should it be 22 % of my depot. Though being very speculative, it was easy to analyze as it was a very small company. I have heard about Pan American, yes, but I am in no position to evaluate the value of that stock. Take the cash offered? Take shares of Pan American only? Or a mix thereof?

But hey: lets worry tomorrow! Bring the champagne!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    So what abvout that champagne...?

    xoxo

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete